Monday, May 20, 2013

An Authors Life

Here is a small segment that I wrote from the point of view of an author. It is nothing much, just something I thought wouldn't hurt if I posted it. It's really short, and is supposed to be a little humorous. It is called An Authors Life. See what you think.


Ring! Ring! The alarm jolted me awake and nearly made me fall out of my chair. I quickly grabbed the edge of my desk before falling over backwards. I glanced bleary eyed at the alarm clock which was sitting on the bedside table beside my bed, and saw that it was six-o-clock.
“Ughh,” I groaned, “I forgot to turn it off. That’s just perfect for a Saturday.” I rubbed my eyes, and stood up to go turn the clock off. Then I went back to the desk and sat down with a sigh. “Well, I probably won’t fall back asleep now,” I thought. “Oh well.” 
I gazed down at the papers that I had been working on the night before; until I had fallen asleep, that is. As I looked at the unfinished story, I felt the sudden urge to write, as I seem to feel almost every time I look at a blank page or a pencil. I grabbed a mechanical pencil and soon found myself engrossed in my work.
By the time I had finished the fourth chapter of the story (I had been just starting it the night before), it was nearly lunchtime. My stomach growled when I saw that it was twelve-thirty, and I realized I hadn’t ever had breakfast. I reluctantly got up from my desk chair, opened my door, and walked down the hallway to the stairs. Before I even reached the kitchen the delicious aroma of hot dogs reached my nose, and made me feel even hungrier than before. Dad looked up from his grilling when I came in, and shook his head with a smile when he saw me. 
“What?” I asked, picking up a hotdog from a plate and grabbing the buns from a cabinet. “What’s so funny?”
“You authors,” He shook his head again and went back to cooking the hotdogs on his indoor grill. “Always forgetting to do things. Like get dressed,” he added. I looked down at my blue-and-green polka-dotted pjs and smiled sheepishly. “Oops.”

That's it! 
</

No comments:

Post a Comment